Saturday, October 16, 2010

The New Skype Connects Everyone

http://about.skype.com/press/2010/10/new_skype.html

The new Skype for Windows is bringing people even closer together. Similar to Facebook, the new features connects people around the world even easier and faster. As an immigrant to this country I feel like these technologies let us communicate with our families, friends, and even businesses. Video calling is another advantage to Skype. Video calling makes every conversation more exciting and interactive. Being able to see a person when communicating helps people to express and understand each other better, and using video calling can simulate in-person dialogue. The new version of Skype has also added recovery features. Recovery features help people to reconnect immediately easier and faster when having connection problems. Technologies like Skype are a great way to communicate with people around the world with barely any hassle. Seeing the person you are talking to allows people to have a powerful and more meaningful conversation with minimal miscommunication.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dan!
    I agree, Skype is an amazing tool for staying in touch with family or friends. I have grandparents and cousins in Argentina and we were able to try skype for the first time this past summer...it was amazing! There on my screen was my entire extended family crowded around to get a closer look. My grandparents were speechless at first but they got the hand of it (with my cousins help) right away. Skype is easy to use but I am glad to hear that they will have better recovery features because the connection does get lost at times.
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Skype too, because I am a international student who communicates with family online. I don't know if Skype can have video chating one to many? If it is true, then we can use it as online classes. Teachers and students can have classes as if they are in a classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also a big fan of Skype and use it extensively to stay in touch with my relatives overseas. I just wanted to share that I have recently tried Facetime, and I have to say that I am enjoying it as well; you can make calls with video from mac to mac and iphones. If you are calling from an iphone 4 all you need is a wifi network and click on the app. Since it is considered data, the price of the video component is minimal. It is ease to use and I can see how more and more people may be inclined to buy an iphone 4 for the privilege to use 'facetime'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dani,

    Skype is amazing. I remember when you need expensive equipment to video conference. Skype has leveled the playing field.

    ReplyDelete